Freedom of Information: Application for access to documents
The Freedom of Information Act 1992 (FOI Act) provides for access to information held by SAT.
Please note that:
- under the Act, applications for information must be processed within 45 days of receipt
- requests for non-personal information require an application fee of $30 before the application can be processed
- clause 5 of the FOI Act Glossary provides that a document relating to a court (including SAT) is not to be regarded as a document of the court unless it relates to matters of an administrative nature
- if the request is denied, an application for an Internal Review can be made to the Executive Officer of SAT
- anyone not satisfied with a decision regarding release of information may lodge a request for a formal review with the Information Commissioner