State Administrative Tribunal logo
State Administrative Tribunal
State Administrative Tribunal

Legal Help and Advice Services

SAT cannot provide legal advice but there are service providers who can give legal advice or information.

Some services are free. You can also seek the help of a private lawyer, which may require you to pay a fee.

Free or low-cost services

The following services offer free or low-cost legal advice or support.

Legal Aid Western Australia

Legal Aid WA aims to promote access to legal services and information for all West Australians. They can provide assistance in relation to Civil Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and provide community legal education resources.

Community Legal Centres

There are 26 community legal services in Western Australia that provide legal services to the public.

You can find out more about these services and how they can assist by visiting the Community Legal WA website.

Aboriginal Legal Service of WA

The Aboriginal Legal Service of WA (ALSWA) is a not-for-profit organisation that provides legal services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples in WA.

For more information about services, visit ASLWA's website or call 1800 019 900.

Find a private lawyer

The Law Society of Western Australia has a directory of its members who have experience in certain areas of law. You can use their database to find and contact a lawyer by visiting the following webpage: Find a Lawyer | Law Society of Western Australia (

Last updated: 16 October 2023

[ back to top ]